Sitges Beaches and Shopping Guide
The Beaches in Sitges + The principal shopping Streets in the Centre. Historic buildings and picturesque streets
Sitges Maricel Palace - Palau de Maricel
Spectacular palace built (1913 to 1918) for American millionaire industrialist Charles Deering by Miquel Utrillo to serve as a home & place to display his art collection
Sitges Cau Ferrat house and Maricel Art Gallery
Former home of artist Santiago Rusiñol now a museum that exhibits his art and collections. Art, furniture and sculptures by important Spanish modernist artists
Sitges Stämpfli foundation Contemporary art gallery
Contemporary art gallery located in former fish market in Sitges. Opened in 2011 and founded by paintor Peter Stämpfli and wife Anna Maria Stämpfli
Getting to Sitges Day Trip 2024
- By Train: The Rodalies R2 train from Barcelona-Estació de França, Barcelona-Passeig de Gràcia and Barcelona-Sants takes only 35 minutes to get to Sitges and runs a daily frequent service of two to three trains every hour. Trains run every 45 to 60 minutes from 06:00h till around 22:00h. See the Train map in the documents section.
Note:Trains on the R2 train line will terminate at Vilanova I la Geltrú or Sant Vicenç de Calders with the Sant Vicenç de Calders trains making less intermediate stops between Barcelona and Sitges.
Train Tip: These are double deck trains so sit on the top deck on the left side with respect to the direction of travel to get good views of the beaches, rocky coastline and small villages on the way to Sitges.
- By Bus: Use the e16 Plana bus service. This is an express bus service from Barcelona direct to Sitges. Busses run approximately 15 minutes during peek hours and every 30 minutes during the rest of the day from Plaça de Catalunya in Barcelona.
- By Car: Take the C31 motorway leaving Barcelona and follow it onto the C32. Take the exit 30 or 31 sign posted to Sitges. Parking Retiro - Carrer d'Angel Vidal 17, Sitges or Continental parking or Nou Mercar Parking.
Where to Eat Sitges Day Trip 2024
The gastronomy of Catalonia is rich and varied. In the mountainous regioins typical food is grilled meats, stews and grilled vegetables. In the coastal towns and villages it is the typical Mediterranean diet of fish and seafood with fresh vegetables, olives and olive oil rice and pasta. Paella will be served in almost every restaurant.
My recommended places to look for restaurants are behind Sant Sebastià beach or along passeig de la Ribera which is the palm tree lined boulevard on the beach front from the church going south.
In the centre of town I can recommend the El Merci Sitges Sitges restaurant or any of the restaurants in the small passages in this area.
Note: Breakfast is from 08:00 to 10:30 ish, Lunch is from 13:30 to 15:30 ish, Dinner is from 19:30 to 22:00 ish.
Sitges is an absolute hive of great restaurants and to make this list small, I have only included places where I have eaten.
Documents for Sitges Day Trip 2024
Weather for Sitges
What to take with you for Sitges Day Trip 2024
Access to Sitges Renfe station is step free with an elevator interchange between platforms.
Small 30L Hiking Rucksack
Includes high visibility fog and rain waterproof cover in zip compartment at bottom of rucksack.
Phone Case for watersports
IPX8 waterproof floating and submersible case & Lanyard. Permits photos and touchscreen use.
0.8L water bottle
Reusable, refillable 1L water bottle.
UV blocking Compact Beach umbrella with carry bag.
Large Cotton beach towel
Beach Sandals to protect against hot sand
Mid layer Top
Light weight cotton quick dry T-shirt
Lightweight comfortable trail shoes
Lightweight convertible trousers that zip down to shorts
High Factor Sun Cream
factor 50 non-polluting sun-cream to protect the oceans, lakes and rivers.
How much does Sitges Day Trip 2024 Day Trip Cost?
Where to stay overnight for Sitges Day Trip 2024
- Aiguadolç/Sitges Port: is a Marina about 1.5km (20 min walk) from the centre of sitges.
- Golf & Luxuary Hotels: At the southern end of Sitges is the Club de Golf Terramar and luxuary Hotel Sunway Playa Golf & Spa or ME Sitges Terramar Hotel which has a beach called Platja de les Anquines protected within breakwater.